Spend your days playing along the shore and making a splash in the resort pools, for fun-filled family escape to Fraser Island!
The kids (and adults!) will go wild for adventure on the world's largest sand island, and at Kingfisher Bay Resort, we've got everything covered for you to prepare for the ultimate family getaway!
- Our secure, dingo-fenced property is the perfect choice for families looking to explore the World Heritage-listed surrounds, whilst retreating to the comforts of their island home-away-from-home.
- At Kingfisher Bay Resort, we have a range of family-friendly accommodation options, ranging from interconnecting resort rooms, 2 and 3-bedroom villas and a suite of executive houses. For families travelling with little ones, we also have cots available for hire, from $25 (Pre-booking recommended).
- Under Queensland Law, car seats are required for all children under the age of 8, and this safety practice applies when driving out on the sand tracks. Guests can bring their own car seats over to the island, otherwise these can also be arranged through the resort, when embarking on a guided day tour (Pre-booking is necessary - Contact our reservations team).
- With over 1,200kms of sand tracks, there's so much to discover on Fraser Island. Before driving along the beach, be sure to check the tide times and be aware of the local weather conditions - it's always best to plan your itinerary in advance, so that you can tick off all of your must-see spots!
- Do you know some Junior Eco Rangers in-the-making? Led by our fun and experienced team of Resort Rangers, kids will love our selection of fun and immersive wildlife activities. Our kids program is held every weekend for ages 5-12, with full schedules running every school holidays. There's limited spots available, so pre-booking is essential! (With evening Junior Eco sessions on offer, it's the perfect opportunity for Mum & Dad to savour 'dinner for two' at one of the resort restaurants!...)
- Travel tip! If you're 4WDing out on the island, why not bring along some fun inflatables to enjoy at the iconic Lake McKenzie, or float to your heart's content at Eli Creek!
- Fraser Island is home to a unique array of wildlife. We have a close working relationship with Queensland Parks & Wildlife Services to maintain a positive experience for all guests, and to protect the surrounding natural environment. For more information on QPWS safety guidelines, Click Here.
- For additional Resort Information, Click Here.