Working in paradise is a lifestyle choice… and if joining a supportive team of tourism and hospitality professionals, on K'gari (Fraser Island) – a must-see destination for mad keen four-wheel-drivers - appeals, then we may have the job for you!
K’gari is a name that translates to ‘paradise’ by the traditional owners of the land, the Butchulla people and upon visiting this unique island, it is easy to see how fitting this name is and as one of Queensland’s most iconic eco-tourism destinations, you can take a moment to breathe deeper, relax in UNESCO surrounds and embark on the adventure of a lifetime.
The Kingfisher Bay Resort Group is one of the region’s biggest employers. The Group employs about 400 staff to live and work on the island at Kingfisher Bay Resort and Eurong Beach Resort, and in tourism-related businesses on the mainland including Barges, Tours and Ferries.
Whether you are looking for a change of scenery or a new lifestyle choice - we have a range of positions available to suit on the world's largest sand island!
There are endless careers to choose from, including Chefs and Bartenders, Front Office Agents and Housekeepers, to Beauty Therapists and Retail attendants. There's also opportunities to develop your skills and experience across a range of hotel and tourism operations, all while discovering the natural wonders of the world's largest sand island!
PLUS! Apply now to be eligible for the Queensland Government's $1500 Work in Paradise incentive. That’s a bonus for our new employees, encouraging you to take the next step in your career with us, here on K'gari! Chat to our Recruitment Specialists for more details once you've submitted your application.
All Kingfisher Bay Resort jobs are advertised on this website. To apply, or register your interest, please follow this link.
There's a reason K'gari's name translates to 'paradise'... as the world's LARGEST sand island, it's brimming with glistening freshwater lakes, towering rainforests and pristine coastline. Plus, it's even received the royal tick of approval from the Duke and Duchess of Sussex!
Want to know what's included? Take a look at your employee benefits:
- Ferry or barge transfers to/from Fraser Island
- Uniforms are provided for selected roles
- Superannuation (9.25%)
- Employee discount in food, beverage and retail outlets
- Discounted meals in a staff canteen
- First-rate Training and Employee Development Programs
- Family and friends discounts
- Use of gym set and recreational facilities including the pool
But wait there’s more…
- Free guided tours of Fraser Island with Resort Rangers – subject to availability
- Free use of resort marine activities including canoes.
- Employee discounts at the infamous Dingo Bar and Beach Bars.
- Swimming in The Sand Bar pools.